Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Everyone has theirs, this is ours. It's a variation of Nana's recipe, and I say variation because I never quite make it the same way twice. Neither does Nana. We're wild like that.

When we were kids, Uncle G bet Nana that her zucchini bread would be delicious with chocolate chips in it. He was so right! I don't think Nana has made it without chocolate since, and neither have I! Except once on accident. I started making it, thinking I had some chocolate chips, and I didn't. Daddy refused to eat it, and for the rest of the day he reminded me repeatedly how much he'd been looking forward to chocolate chip zucchini bread. After listening to him whine, I've never run out of chocolate chips ever again.


Ingredients

3 Eggs
2 C Sugar (I like to use raw cane sugar in this recipe)
1/2 C Oil
1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce (You can use any combination of oil and applesauce, as long as it adds up to 1 Cup total.)
2 C Grated Zucchini (Nana peels hers first, I'm lazy so I shred it peel and all. I don't measure the zucchini either - laziness again - I just shred two small zucchinis and it always turns out delish.)
2 Tsp Milk (I always wondered what the point of the milk is in this recipe. 2 Tsp? Really?)
3 C Flour (I usually use about 2 C whole wheat and 1 C white flour, but it varies)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
3 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Bag Chocolate Chips (Dad likes when I use a whole bag, but that's waaay too chocolaty!)

Directions

1. Mix all the ingredients together.

2. Bake in a 350 degree oven. The length of time depends on what kind of pan you use. If you use loaf pans, about an hour. If you use mini loaf pans, about 40 minutes. Muffin tins, about 25 minutes. Mini muffin tins, about 20 minutes. I use whatever combination of tins I feel like using until I'm out of batter, then check with a toothpick.

No comments:

Post a Comment